CA Plus Limited, the Shireburn Software Group subsidiary focused on software that manages concession revenues in airports and shopping centres, has today announced that Gentrack Group Ltd (GTK), has agreed to acquire CA Plus Ltd subject to certain final conditions, and that closing is targeted for 30 April.
Gentrack is listed (GTK) on the New Zealand Stock Exchange and Australian Securities Exchange. CA Plus Ltd will form a part of their airport division including Airport 20/20 and Blip Systems AS, the Denmark based world leader in passenger flow, queue prediction and capacity forecasting software, acquired on the 24 April 2017 by Gentrack.
Gentrack has acquired 75% of CA Plus Limited from Shireburn with a three year performance based price for the remaining 25% and creates a strong alignment of interest to continue to drive growth. The acquisition relates solely to Shireburn’s CA Plus business.
CA+ is the market leading non-aeronautical revenue management system for airports, with installations in Europe, Africa, Latin-America and the Caribbean. It comprises a holistic and modular solution for airport concession management. CA+ also enables airports and shopping malls to automate many of their processes that are today done manually, such as that of collecting sales data from concessions for analysis in the CA+ BI Portal.
The combined Airport 20/20 and CA+ product offering is well positioned for further global growth, capitalising on the need for airports to increase their non-aeronautical business – a revenue stream that accounts underpins airport profitability and on which airports continue to rely heavily in order to run their operations. The airport non-aeronautical revenue market was estimated in the ACI Economic Report 2016 at an annual value of US$58 billion.
The deal has ensured continuity for clients and staff and will continue to operate out of its Malta offices at the SkyParks Business Centre while offering significant expansion opportunities.
Shireburn Software and CA Plus CEO, John de Giorgio said that “the combined strength of Airport 20/20 in the airport operations sector and CA Plus in the non-aeronautical and retail sectors offers a great opportunity for further accelerating growth.”
Gentrack is a global leader in the development, implementation and support of specialist software for airports, energy utilities and water companies. Its airport division offers Airport 20/20, a comprehensive suite of integrated solutions that are engineered to optimise an airport’s operations. Airport 20/20 has 73 airport customers worldwide including Hong Kong, JFK T1, Newark Liberty, Sydney, Finavia, Melbourne and Santiago.
“This investment also allows Shireburn to further advance its leadership in the local business software market” said the CEO. Shireburn Software won the Best B2B Application award in the Malta Communications Authority awards ceremony on the 11 April 2017 for its Shireburn Indigo Payroll Cloud based solution. This was the third time Shireburn was nominated and the third time it won this award for different products.
About Shireburn Software
Shireburn Software is a software products company, specialising in the development of business software solutions and their support. Solutions include accounting, payroll and HR, inventory and retail, eCommerce and document management amongst others. www.shireburn.com