Celebrating 35 years of Tech Innovation
December 5, 2018
by Rebecca Calleja - Marketing Executive, Shireburn Software
Tagged with: Anniversary
A message from our Managing Director, John de Giorgio
Happy anniversary to us all.
I am very proud that the Shireburn team has brought the company to where it is today through a lot of hard work, innovation and loyalty, a loyalty which we share with our clients, many of whom have been with us on this journey for decades.
35 years is a feat for any business but for one in the Information Technology sector, it is particularly significant, especially since even the term Information Technology did not exist at the time the company was set up! Many of the team had not even been born at the time either. Nor of course did the Internet, mobile phones, Windows or Macs, fax machines, let alone VOIP.
The last five years have seen the greatest period of acceleration in Shireburn’s history, in terms of staff, projects, products, innovation, roles and ideas. We are far from slowing down.
The last five years has seen many milestones:
- the building of our airport solution Concessionaire Analyzer+ and the acquisition by global IT giant Gentrack/Veovo.
- the transition of technologies with the development of the new Indigo platform and the launch of the Shireburn Indigo Payroll which as of today just hit its 45,000th employee from 2,365 companies
- the work on the Shireburn Indigo Time and Attendance and its imminent go-live in January 2019
- the commencement of work on the new accounting and inventory systems on our Indigo cloud platform
- maintaining our client base on SBS, through our highly regarded support
- the office move to SkyParks Business Centre
- the doubling of the size of the team to 60+ employees today
- the strengthening of the team with new dedicated roles
- the consolidating of the senior management team and the implementation of the team leaders roles
Anniversaries are times to look back, but they are also a good time to look forward. We look to the past to learn from it so as to allow us to better drive the future.
When we get to our 40th anniversary in 5 years time we will look back and see the milestones that we will be achieving in these next five years. These are indeed exciting times.
When I consider the key ingredients that have driven success at Shireburn I think of:
- the ability to reinvent as each new technology wave comes about, redeveloping software products on new platforms through the innovation of our teams. We have been able to do this 4 times while many software companies struggle to do this once.
- the ability to provide an environment for our team that allows them to develop and learn in a collaborative atmosphere that encourages high staff retention
- the service we offer our clients.
Each and every one of our team members has contributed to these successes and achievements, perhaps each in different ways as have our clients and suppliers.
I would like to thank them all for their hard work, vision, flexibility, loyalty, collaboration and friendship.
From tomorrow, we aim for the 40th as today will have passed 🙂