The Shireburn Business Suite powers the core operations of a wide range of organisations from small operators to some of Malta’s largest businesses.
Shireburn Financial Manager
Shireburn Financial Manager is a fully fledged financial accounting solution designed to combine a high level of capabilities with ease of implementation and use. SFM is a modular solution allowing an organisation to implement those modules suitable for their particular business.
While the main modules consist of the sales, purchase and nominal ledgers, incorporating cash book, VAT management and extensive reporting other modules are also available addressing:
- pro-forma invoicing
- fixed asset management
- multi-company consolidation
- job costings
- voyage ledger (for companies involved in the freight business)
- hire purchase management
- SFM Interface Gateway module – allows 3rd party systems to interface with SFM
SFM supports a multi-user, multi-company and multi-currency environment including full financial and management reporting.
Easy to set up and implement and easy to operate, SFM offers a powerful yet practical solution for an organisation’s accounting functions. Its data-centric design allows users to have immediate access to information making SFM a favourite of users. SFM provides an unrivalled total cost of ownership compared to systems of similar capability.
Shireburn Inventory Management System
For organisations that need to inventory
Shireburn Inventory Management System provides organisations which need to manage inventory with a complete, functional and flexible solution which is easily managed by users. SIMS offers a depth of functionality covering modules retail, distribution, trading and manufacturing. Having the right business inventory software for your business can make the difference between success and failure.
The Shireburn Inventory Management System (SIMS) delivers a comprehensive range of features and benefits for companies large and small to allow them to maximise their inventory operations. Unmatched functionality, ease of use by way of the tabbed user interface and highly configurable, SIMS provides maximum benefit, while offering flexibility for the inevitable changes in a fast paced environment.
SIMS is a modular solution allowing organisations to implement just the modules they require for their business need. The functional areas covered by SIMS include:
- Comprehensive inventory management
- Extensive reporting & statistics
- Multiple location inventory management with auditable stock transfers and workflow
- Support for re-order management and purchase ordering
- Integrated costings processing
- Support for the quotations and sales orders process
- Distribution planning and delivery management
- Bill-of-material automation and costing for manufacturers
- Invoice management with integration to sales ordering
- Work-in-Progress management
- Integration to retail Point-of-Sale solutions
- Support for hand-held order taking, stock look-up and invoicing
- Automation support for stock taking
- Extensive price management support including a price-calculator feature, automated contracted pricing management
SIMS provides extensive support for expiry date and batch/serial number management for inventory traceability. All reporting within the system is able to be exported to Microsoft Excel™, Word™ and PDF files were appropriate.
Shireburn Point of Sale
The special needs of retailers are catered for by the Shireburn POS which provides a highly functional, robust and secure retailing environment with simplicity of use and speed at the till.
The Shireburn POS is designed to integrate seamlessly with the Shireburn Inventory Management System allowing centralised management of stock details, pricing etc with sales transactions at the retail outlets synchronised with the back-office with real time or scheduled bi-directional data updates allowing stock and sales information to be updated automatically to and from your back-office.
Features of the Shireburn POS enable its operations in a wide variety of sectors such as general retailing operations, pharmacies, cafeterias and even restaurants. With built-in support for barcode based sales as well as button based access to categories and products, the Shireburn POS allows the minimization of time taken to process sales.
The particular features that make this POS software so well suited to the retail environment are:
Shireburn Payroll System
- Support for product identification through barcodes, product searches and/or button based interfaces with the same product being able to have multiple barcodes
- Extensive price automation and discount control
- Automated support for promotional schemes such as buy 50 of any product from category A and obtain 10% off any product in category B etc
- Tight control of security on the point of sale with the ability to limit and control access to functionality and data
- Extensive audit of transactions, discounts given and operations undertake such as cash drawers opened, login and log out etc.
- Cash reconciliation processing with a full-audited, blind reconciliation
- View stock levels of an item at other retail outlets
- Request transfer of stock from stores and replenishment based restocking
- Integration with Credit Card processing devices from local banks
- Ability to receive and process stock directly at the shop
- Facility to create stock cards for completely new items received at the shop with automated updating of SIMS at the back-office
- Facility to use the POS for the scanning of items during stock taking
- Support for expiry date/batch references
- Support for accounting for money paid out for deliveries/purchases at the shop.
- Option to enter location transfers to and from stores and between other locations
- Support for uninterrupted operation of the POS even when connectivity to the network is lost by the POS providing a robust environment
- Support for touch screen or mouse based operations
The Shireburn Payroll & HR Manager scores over its competitors through a mix of reliability, depth of capability, ease of use and low time required to manage the payroll function.
SPS offers a wide range of functionality capable of handling the payroll and HR function of organisations from the smallest to the largest and supporting complex payroll situations often found in manufacturing and the hotel industry. SPS is straight forward and streamlined in its operation, making the whole payroll process quick and flexible.
SPS consists of 4 modules:
- The core Payroll functionality including wage management and payroll processing and supported by an extensive range of corporate reports as well as all the mandatory Government reports
- HR module to manage career development, skills etc of the employee base
- Leave management including an optional web based leave application and approval solution which reduces the friction in the leave approvals process
- Time & Attendance management with support for integration with a variety of electronic punch clocks
Functionality in the basic module includes:
- Maintenance of employee details
- lexible payroll calculations with automated salary, increment and adjustment management supporting multiple payment methods such as weekly, fortnightly, monthly and 4 weekly
- Leave management
- Automated Social Security and PAYE contribution calculations
- Extensive reporting including statutory FSS templates
- Payslips automation including ePayslips delivered via e-mail
- Time allocation by department, section / unit for manufacturers and hotels
- Support for payment processing via direct credits and/or cheques
- Support for electronic submission of data at year end to the Inland Revenue Department
- Support for an unlimited number of multiple years of data with reporting available across years
- Support for multiple companies, PE Numbers and reporting across companies
- Support for separate staff and management payrolls
The Shireburn Payroll System provides tight control of security with the ability to limit and control access to functionality and data to user groups as well as extensive audit trails.
SPS is fully compliant with the requirements of the Department of Inland Revenue, the Department of Social Security and the Employment and Training Corporation inclusive of treatment of tax due under the Final Settlement System (FSS) method of tax calculation, tax arrears and Fringe Benefits legislation.