Airport POS - the POS solution for Airport Retailers
Shireburn Software's Airport POS
provides a 360 degree POS solution aimed specifically at supporting retailers in airport terminals.
In addition to the normal functions of a POS solution that one would expect, Airport POS also supports many features designed specifically to assist operators in an airport terminal including:
- identification of flight of traveller
- support for scanning of IATA boarding cards with 2D bar codes
- pricing calculations based on destination of flight
- VAT and duty calculations varying according to destination
- integration with Flight Information data Systems (FIDS) or Microsoft Excel for flight details
- support for airline vouchers given to delayed passengers
- extensive multi-currency support including acceptance of payments in multiple currencies, change management etc
- support for staff sales and monitoring of purchase volumes by airport staff members
- extensive support for promotional schemes including buy-one-get-one free type and discounting based on days of the week, times of the day etc.
- support for shop-in-shop or combi-shop retailing with multiple vendors sharing a shop.
- extensive security controls - monitoring of cancelled sales, void drawer opening, time to effect sale etc.
- automation of software updates to the POSs
Airport POS also integrates directly into Shireburn Concessionaire Analyzer+
allowing downloading of retail sales to the airport terminal's data warehouse from where terminal operators can analyse the retail flows of concessionaires at a time when terminals are increasingly relying on retail spaces for the maximisation of revenue.
In a bid to implement a secure, standardised POS solution for concessionaires in an airport terminal Airport-POS is often imposed on concessionaires by airports as part of a total retail management solution for the airport. In a bid to make the operation of the Airport-POS more practical for concessionaires that may use other POS solutions for their retail activity, Airport-POS and Concessionaire Analyzer+ allow concessionaires'' back-end inventory systems to interface to CA+ to upload details of stock such as SKUs, descriptions, prices etc as well as to download sales data effected on Airport-POS. >> read about interfacing to Concessionaire Analyzer+
Call to action: